Saturday, May 17, 2008

Landscaping End...

...for now. I have planted and moved around just about every plant that I want to for the season. I may do a few more here and there, but I think that I need to see what they are going to do and then possibly tweak it with a few changes next Spring. I also have a couple more landscaping rocks to place, but nothing major. I am happy with how it turned out and I think that it will be great. Eventually my gardens should have some of these specimens.

Columbine...
Phlox...mine already looks like this. It just spreads and so next year I should have more ground covered. I may also go buy one more little flat to divide up between the two beds and that should about cover the areas that I want.Feather Reed Grass...I am excited to have some of this against the backdrop of my lattice. I don't know if it will get this big this year, but I am hoping. This can grow to be 5' tall.The little kids and I planted the flower boxes and pots with some annuals and they look so pretty and make us happy out on our patio.

I also took care of my raspberry patch this week--pruned out all the dead stems and then dug up the strays and handed those out to whomever wanted to start their own raspberry patch. Now we can just look forward to the end of June/July when the raspberries arrive. YUMMY!!!

3 comments:

  1. Columbine is one of my all-time favorites. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Go Renae. Love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Post your pictures in Med or Lg size, I can't see the small ones very well and I can't get them to go bigger when I click on them. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...