Saturday, December 27, 2008

I did it! ....Now what?!

O. K. I made another denim quilt for son #2. See denim quilt for son #1 here. Both were excited about them for Christmas. Daughter M. wants one too. I think I have enough denim for one more blanket. I'll have to check into that.
I made this quilt slightly different--a bit offset--so that they could easily determine which quilt belonged to which boy. The center of each nine patch I used my double needle and white denim topstitching thread to give it a little something extra. I had used dark blue on the first quilt.
Anyway, I then decided I would try my hand at the Disappearing Nine Patch for real--with actual quilting type fabric. I used the scrap fabrics from all the Sound of Music pajama costumes that I had made earlier this Fall. This is what I came up with. L. will get it as a memory quilt since it was her school musical. It measures 54" square. I made 12 nine patch blocks--using 6" blocks, and then ended up having to make one more quarter square, if that makes sense.
But the big question is......now what do I do??!

3 comments:

  1. I really like the randomness--good job! I think it needs a border, but that's because I'm a border person.

    Do you have enough of any of those fabrics left over to make a two or three inch border? (Even if it's only for 2 sides) Since this quilt is so random I think you could pretty much do whatever for the border. Also, think about what you are using for the back and maybe incorporate that on the front for the border, also. I'll email you some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ladies! I found your blog a few days ago and fell in love! It is so inspiring, love all the crafts and sewing projects, etc... Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job getting the denim quilts done! They are great :) I love the look of the denim quilts!
    The quilttop in regular quilting cotton is beautiful! If it is big enough as it is, I would not add borders, but then, I'm not much of a border person. Lol! I would baste it and start quilting :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...