Monday, March 23, 2009

"Fabulous At Forty" Quilt

Finally!! I can show you where I've been focusing all my hard work lately. We've been planning Shauna's Birthday for at least 2 months, so I figured that gave me plenty of time to make her a quilt.


I decided to make it like Amanda Jean's Flea Market Fancy Quilts. It was a very simple design that was easy to assemble and came together pretty quickly. I love how it turned out! I think the fabrics are very cheery and happy looking!




What matters most, though, is that Shauna loved it, too!



A Simple Back


A closer look at the beautiful fabrics!
(Heather Bailey's Pop Garden and a few other odds and ends)


I did simple straight quilting around the squares which made the back look cool, too.





(Directions and measurements for this quilt can be found here.)

7 comments:

  1. It really is much prettier too in person. She did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Question: how did you do the personal note square? I found the Quilters Label paper for your computer, but have been dying to find something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using this method for labeling my quilts:

    http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2008/10/one-way-to-label-quilt.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The colors are fabulous and the personal label is such a nice touch. I'm thinking of 100 years from now when its handed down to a great granddaughter, she will love knowing who made it and for whom. Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful quilt! My mom quilts and I am just getting up the nerve to start some doll quilts. I am finding so many awesome quilts online that I can't wait to make! I really like the personal label!! I am thinking that I will use that on quilts that I make! (Whenever I finally start making them...)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...