Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Family Reunion Quilt {Finished}

Finished up the reunion quilt.
All the details and dimensions can be found here.



My mom is coming out the first part of October, so I'll give it to her then.
I did simple quilting around each block. You can see it on the back side if you look closely.




(Close up of the backing fabric and the binding.)


The binding and the back border fabric are the same. I like how it makes the binding disappear on the back side.



I have been very happy with my last couple of bindings. I am getting pretty comfortable at hand sewing. Mom will be proud!

6 comments:

  1. I think Mom will like it and I think that Shauna should get it if she doesn't as she did so much work on the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic!!! What an heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you use to make the hand prints? Is the quilt washable after done?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of paint did you use and what did you have them use to write with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making a quilt for my daughter's teacher and I was wondering what paint you used? I love this Beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm making a quilt for my daughter's teacher and I was wondering what paint you used? I love this Beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...