Monday, May 23, 2011

Blue Floral & Lime Green Baby Quilt


I whipped this little quilt together after having sewn a bunch of new clothes patterns.  I needed some "mindless" sewing, something where I didn't have to think too hard about what I was doing because I've done it tons already.



Love how this little quilt turned out--it was not really planned, I just started it with the blue floral and then raided the stash to see what I had.  I didn't have enough of a third color to total 36 blocks, so I had to find something else.  And find a good layout for 4 colors, not 3. 

Cut 6 inch squares
Color A -- 12 squares (blue floral)
Color B -- 12 squares (pale yellow)
Color C -- 6 squares (lime green)
Color D -- 6 squares (light blue)

Layout shown below:


A

B
C
A
B
C

D

A
B
D
A
B

B

C
A
B
C
A

A

B
D
A
B
D

C

A
B
C
A
B

B

D
A
B
D
A

Details:
Finished dimensions--32" x 33"

Green scraps leftover from this pillow project
Blue floral scraps from a sundress for display at my fabric store
New yellow sheet set from Mom

Binding cut 2 3/4" strips, attach with a 3/8" seam.
Hand sewn down

For sale on my Etsy shop if interested.

2 comments:

  1. I have that same green print with the circles only in turquoise. (we used it for the back of K's Hawaiian quilt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the turquoise too! They are both from that pillow project I did earlier in the year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...