Thursday, January 26, 2012

Charitable Sewing

Just an update:
I got a very nice email response from Rita regarding our "same" quilts.  Just proves she is a class act and doesn't take herself too seriously.  So refreshing!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, I've been doing some New Year's purging in my sewing room this week.  It's been a flurry of activity as I chopped my way to a couple of charitable quilts tops.

I-Spy
I used my I-Spy squares from the swap Renae and I did for a little boy version.  For some reason I think boys get the bum end of the deal when it comes to sewing/charitable giving. 

Nothing But Blues
For this top I went through all my charm square scraps and pulled out the blues.  I think it turned out cool!  I may even have enough yellows in my stash to make a similar version later on. 

 My favorite part is the pocket square!

Pink/Purple Ballerina
I bought this ballerina fabric for some birthday party favors that never got made.  Surely some little girl will love this one, right?




I am donating these to Margaret's Hope Chest in hopes that they can be used for their prison ministries program.  A worthy cause, indeed!

3 comments:

  1. I agree that boys get less charity quilts. Any charity quilts I do are for boys, for that reason. Thanks for more ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I like the pocket too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as always.
    I need to get my pile together to send out to her too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...