Thursday, February 9, 2012

I'm In...Now what?!

Somewhere in all the madness that is my daily life I signed up for the current round of the Doll Quilt Swap (aka DQS) on Flickr--and somehow I got in!  At the moment I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into.  My insecurities are rearing their ugly head today.  "Am I good enough to be in this swap?"  "Can I make something that someone else will love as much as I do?"  "I've never sewn teeny tiny pieces." "Where do I start?"  "Am I going to have time?"  yadda, yadda, yadda...

 So while I mull over some ideas, and chase away my negative thoughts, here are the mosaics I made for the person who has me.  What do you think?  Is this a good representation of what I like?
  (For photo credits check out my flickr favs page.)


And, since I'm new to the whole DQS thing, I'm not exactly sure what this is all about, but we were asked to take this pig template and create a polka dotted pig mini. There is fabric involved for those playing along, so...I'm playing!  Here's mine:

I've titled it  
'Bacon' in the Sun 
"After some time laying out on the beach
Portia Pig realized she'd forgotten the sunscreen!"


And now, I'm off figure out what the heck I'm going to do for my partner!!!  Let the stress and over thinking begin!

BTW, You can see more pigs here along with all the amazing doll quilts made over that past 11 (!) rounds.  Seriously amazing pieces of art over there!


2 comments:

  1. You can do it! I've been so tempted to join but I am always scared! :-) But if they let you in maybe they'd let me too? Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little piggy!
    That is just hilarious!
    I think you'll do fine. You always have great ideas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...