Friday, March 9, 2012

Making a Dent!

Like I said before, I am trying to bust my way through my current WIP's.
I'm happy to report that I am making significant  progress!
This week I spent most of my time working on my Grandma Quilt.  The blocks have been done for awhile now, but I set about  putting them into top form this week. 


All those pinwheel seams were making me crazy, but after removing the bulk on over 200+ blocks I can now say I am pretty proficient at it!  Not my idea of a good time, though.

I thought I had the perfect vintage sheet for the backing in my stash already only to find that I had already cut into it! Bummer!  A search thru my favorite thrift stores this week yielded nothing as well.  So this quilt is on hold until I can find something I like.

--------------------------------------------------------

A little side project I also worked on was a "celebration" idea we came up with for quilt club.  This year marks the 10th anniversary of the club (I have only been in for 2.5 years).  After some discussion we decided to help each other make a quilt to honor the occasion.  

This is how it will work:  Each month the host of club gets to decide on her color scheme.  The rest of the members will then make her a 12.5" block (or 2)  in those colors.  After, she will have 12-24 blocks to make herself an "Anniversary Quilt."
It'll be fun to see what everyone chooses and comes up with.


This month Kae chose red/white/blue.  Since my ladies aren't too modern, I made her this block with some patriotic fabrics I've had for.ever! (They are churn dash blocks like my DQS)  I'm pretty sure she will love it, but quite frankly it's not really me.  


So, I decided to make her these scrappy postage stamp blocks as well.  They scream out "Emily" much more than the other one, don't ya think? 
I guess I'll giver her all 3 blocks and let her decide which ones make it in the quilt!


linking up to Finish It Up Friday @ crazymomquilts.
and WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. I prefer the postage stamp blocks too.
    The others seem too busy or something...not quite sure.

    Your grandma quilt is going to be fun. Let me know if I need to look for a sheet for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandma quilt looks so soft and pretty! And I really like the blocks, too. I'll bet she'll want to use them all! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...