Friday, April 6, 2012

Have you ever wondered about my quilter?

If you are a regular reader of our blog then you've heard me talk about my quilter before.  
Besides being super talented, she's also amazingly inexpensive. (My favorite part!)
Some of you have emailed me about her and I've basically tried to keep her to myself... 
But, it seems, I can't any longer.

Recently she has decided to expand her business from the likes of me and my quilt club ladies. 
Seems we aren't cranking out enough quilts to help her quit her day job. :)

So, if any of you have been wanting to find a good (and inexpensive!) long arm quilter
 I'm ready to share mine with you.

For the record:  She has basically quilted ALL my quilts for at least a year.  
I usually just give her a little direction (ie: I want something loopy, no feathers, an all over design, etc.)  and then let her work her magic.
I am not super picky, but she has yet to disappoint.

Even better is the fact that her turn around time is fast!
The longest I've waited is 2 weeks. No lie!
Now I can't guarantee that when her business increases that she'll be able to keep that pace, but she tries not to take on too much at once.

I hear of people waiting 6 weeks for their quilts to get quilted and all I can think is
 That's Ridiculous!
I guess I'm just not that patient.

 So, are you ready for me to spill??

Her rate is $.01 a square inch.  Yep, you read that right, one penny
 That's her regular rate, not some first quilt/limited time only deal.  It's all.the.time.  
I told you she was dirt cheap. 
 Now you know why I want to keep her for myself. :)

All you have to do is email her and she'll give you all the info you need to send off your quilt.  Just make sure you tell her I sent you so she knows she's not getting spammed. Ha!

 Lynn Peterson
petersonbrad96@gmail.com

BTW, Your Welcome! 
P.S.  I accept fabric scraps or chocolate donations as a token of thanks for all the money you will save.  (Kidding ..sort of! :)

Sincerely,
Emily

P.S.  A word about shipping:  The cheapest way we've found to ship a quilt is thru the Flat Rate Boxes at the post office.  (Wrap your quilt in a plastic garbage bag so it will slide in the box nice and easy!)  The large flat rate box ships for around $15 and the medium one around $12.  Renae mails her quilts to Lynn this way all the time.  Granted she hasn't shipped a queen/king quilt, but she has shipped lots of lap/nearly twin sized quilts.  Even with the added shipping costs, Renae still finds the cost to be cheaper than can be done in her area.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing. I have already emailed her. I am so excited. I am new to quilting and quilting more than stright lines or small quitls is still daunting. THanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to use her for my quilts ... is she located in Canada or the US, please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl! I will totally be giving you chocolate and fabric for this referral. I've been meaning to pester leslie about it for ages and now you've given the deets! thanks a ton. I love your quilts and totally think we're friends because me and leslie are. is that weird? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. I just sent my first quilt out to her to be quilted. I can't wait to see it finished. Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...