Thursday, August 23, 2012

Yellow and Grey for Baby

Another baby quilt finish...

 This one is number 4 out of 5 on my list.   
Phew! Only one more to go before I am completely fineto!


It uses the leftovers from Ashlee's quilt.
I keep telling myself I need to make a yellow and grey quilt for me.  It's such a great color combo!
I'm pretty sure the block design came from Elizabeth Hartman's first book, but I could be wrong...

For the back I used my last big chunk of thrifted yellow gingham.
Let me just say that I have used that stuff over and over and over again.
It's been great, but I'm happy to be rid of it, if you know what I mean.  


I gave Lynn a bit of direction on the quilting (like: not to girly, no flowers or feathers) but mostly gave her freedom to make it look 'cool and modern'. 
I think she did a great job with that.  
It hasn't been washed yet, so I'm assuming that it will be nice and cuddly after it's initial bath.

But, that got me thinking.... I always take pics of my quilts before I wash them, but almost always love the look of them better after the wash.  I guess I keep using the before pics because I think you can see the details better.  I don't know... So I am wondering, are you a picture before or picture after kinda person??

Emily

1 comment:

  1. Any momma would love to have that quilt!
    after ~ most definitely after :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...