Monday, September 3, 2012

Baby Nine Patch

Let me start by saying that I am super pumped to have projects getting DONE at a faster rate than getting started!  This is finish # 5 of 5 on the baby quilt front.  WooHoo!  I'm Done!  Seriously, it has been so hard not to start new projects...  I hope next year I can keep my WIP list under control from the get go.  Fingers Crossed. xx 

Now onto the quilt.
Not to be confused with the big version I made back in the day, here is an equally awesome baby version of Amanda Jean's wildly popular nine patch quilt along


I got a hair brained idea to remake my original sometime around the time I was busting my way through my scrap bin on this quilt.  My enthusiasm was short-lived, though, so I only came up with enough blocks for a child size version.
But it's done. I love it!  Enough said.


 I chose this lovely grey from the Sherbert Pips line for the binding.
The backing is an equally yummy turquoise print from the DS Quilts line.  (You can see a little bit of it here and in the photo above.)

 Some of the last bits of favorite fabrics are in this quilt.
Can you ever go wrong with scraps?  I think not.


Happy Monday,
Emily



Quilt stats:
Blocks finish at 6 in. Started with 2.5 in squares.
Finished quilt measures: 46 x 54 in.
Lots of cross-hatch quilting done by the fabulous Lynn.

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...