Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ridiculously Small Granny

Mini Granny by simple girl, simple life
Mini Granny, a photo by simple girl, simple life on Flickr.
I joined another couple doll quilt swaps on Flickr. At this point you would be correct in assuming I am officially a doll quilt addict. For me they are surprisingly satisfying.

This particular block is for a round of the DS Quilts Doll Quilt Swap, where the only requirement is using any and all prints of Denyse Schmidt. For the record she would be my one and only fabric crush!

I am trying to stretch myself in all things creative, so for this project I am trying super tiny piecing. This block is, of course, the wildly popular granny square block from Blue Elephant Stitches. I chose to stay out of the granny square madness that was going on awhile back but now that it has died down a bit I'm ready to give it a go.

I started with 1.5 inch strips so this block finishes somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 inches. That  means each square is 1 inch finished.  Ridiculous, I know, but you have no idea how giddy it makes me to have such tiny blocks! Does that qualify me as a quilting nerd?? I think so. But I'm good with that. :) 

I've got a few more blocks to make before I'm finished. Then it's back to brainstorming for the last doll quilt swap I joined. Wish me luck...

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those are small! I think I would go crazy trying to do something so small, but they do look very nice Being a quilting nerd is a good thing, don't you think? M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one little block for our mug rug swap and that led to two...then to four...and now I need to make one more. I love these little grannies especially in Denyse Scmidt fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how an addiction can begin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how an addiction can begin :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...