Monday, September 16, 2013

Scripture Totes--Camo Style

Our youngest son is turning 8 later this Fall and that when we make sure our kids have their own set of scriptures to take with them to Church.  Even though he doesn't yet have his new set of scriptures he has been bugging me about making him a scripture tote like everyone else in the family so he can bring them with.

Out of my stash he chose some camo fabric for his scripture tote.  And then I just picked whatever else to go inside.  He didn't care.



And then when that was done, hubby batted his baby browns at me and asked if he could have a new scripture tote too--in a different camo pattern.



O.K. fine.  Not what I really wanted to do at the time, but I did it anyway.

Both guys are now happy.
And I am done with this project.

Details:
  • I don't really have a pattern for this, the basic side piece I use measures 9 1/4 inches by 6 3/4 inches with the corners rounded out.
  • Zipper section cut to 3" wide at the length you prefer.  I like the zipper to cover almost 3 sides completely, if not a little longer so you can easier get your scriptures in and out.
  • All but 1 zipper I used from my stash.
  • Made to fit this size of scriptures.
  • Embellish with a front pocket if desired.  I kind of like the slanted zipper.  Then you don't have to worry about being so even, and perfect.
  • You can also add an inner pocket if you like.
  • Inside seams enclosed with 1/2 inch double fold bias tape.
  • Handles are approximately 1 1/4" wide and 10 inches long--finished.
  • On hubby's tote I interfaced almost all the pieces because the fabric was a bit thin.  

2 comments:

  1. Very nice and so "hunter guys" appropriate. How's the canning going? I did 7 qts. of cherry pie filling on Saturday. I'm on a roll and want to do some black beans this week. I think most of my jars will be full by the time I can all that I want to before the Holidays. Have a great week! M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, and the slanted zipper is genius. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...