Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Recycled drawstring backpack

Our youngest daughter headed off to girls camp this week.
She said she needed a backpack to carry stuff around in so she wouldn't have to put it in her pocket of carry it by hand.
This is what we came up with using no pattern and fabric that we already had in the stash.
\
You can get an idea of how big it is based on my wingback chair.
I forget to measure it before my daughter left.


A little topstitching detail

 I opted to just tie the end off into a knot and add some fray check to the ends.
I also sewed the straps down near the loop so that they would stay in place more.
I also did this at the top of the strap, when the bag was completely open to stabilize again.

It held a good amount once she loaded it up for camp.
Not sure what all she put in there, but it was full.


Peace out people!
See you at the end of the week.

She commented to me, "I'm going to have the cutest backpack at camp!"

I think I would have to agree.

Details:
  • Denim base used from cut off jean legs (that we bought to turn into shorts) and squared off.
  • Red fabric is from my stash.
  • I did line this completely, but forgot a picture.
  • Pinterest has all sorts of tutorials if you need some help making one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...