Monday, July 11, 2016

Painted the porch swing

 Last week I spray painted the porch swing.
It looks brand new and is so much fun.

I really wanted to paint the swing like this:

I so wanted to do this to our swing but the back slats are vertical not horizontal.  Rats!:

But alas my swing slats didn't go that direction.




I was slightly lazy about painting and probably should have taken the entire thing apart so that I didn't get any of the hardware painted.  That seemed like too much effort.  Besides, by keeping it hanging up I could just flip it over and spray the bottom without having to prop it up against anything else.  And the day I painted it was so warm that it dried super quick.

Instead of taking the swing apart I broke out the Glad Press 'n Seal Wrap and put it over the chain parts near where I was spraying and any of the bolts that I could get to. 

It felt pretty genius on my part.
Once it all dried I just pulled it off and threw it in the trash.



What our view looks like as you sit in the swing.
Lovely!

Details:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...